ROZA Lovely Family Trip
Low vegetable consumption among Thai children led to the initiative for promoting the quality of their nutritional intake by encouraging them to eat at least four tablespoons of vegetables at every meal.
Schools encouraged to take part in the ROZA School Program must meet 19 basic criteria to become the Diamond Level Health Promoting School. Hygienic environment, security, oral and dental health care, age-by-age growth and proper nutrition of the child are among the criteria developed in cooperation with regional health promotion centers, district health promoting hospitals, families, personnel in schools and communities.
Aimed at reducing nutritional problems in Thailand’s upper north eastern regions, the Program helps schools in Udon Thani and Nong Khai provinces to be designated as “Diamond Level Health Promoting School” with all its schoolchildren having sound health.
Implementation of ROZA School Program
- Registration by the school taking part in the program.
- Orientation of the program by ROZA for participating schools, and their pledge of readiness to undertake the program.
- Organization of “Home Hug” camp for imparting knowledge and motivating school personnel.
- Visit camp to give encouragement and evaluate progress.
- Intensive tutoring for schools that are most ready to step up their capability and be appraised for designation as Diamond Level Health Promoting School.
- Organization of ROZA FUNNY HEALTHY TRIP for schools to celebrate successful designation as Diamond Level Health Promoting School.